Health and Safety Policy
Boss Wipers Ltd are engaged in the retail sales of industrial wiping, cleaning & polishing cloths and equipment.
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1972) imposes statutory duties on employers. To enable these to be carried out, it is the policy of the company, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within the organisation and that all practicable steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all staff and visitors to the premises under its control
It is the intention of the Company, so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure that:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles for use at work are safe and without risks to health
- There is adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees
- The working conditions of all Company employees are safe and without risk to health and adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work
- The Company will ensure that there are sufficient personnel suitably qualified in First Aid to deal with minor injuries
- As and when necessary, the Company will undertake to revise the Health and Safety Policy and to communicate the information to all employees
It shall be the duty of every employee at work to ensure that:
- Reasonable steps for health and safety to themselves and of the persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
- The place of work is in a tidy and safe condition and to make certain all safety equipment provided is used
- Any Company equipment being used has been suitably maintained and protected so as to affect a safe working condition
Regular meetings take place to review Health and Safety performance with a view to continually improving our performance.